Orientation and Training
To learn more about the ICLT model of homeownership and potentially apply to purchase one of the ICLT homes, please follow the five step process:
- Contact our certified HUD approved counseling agency Neighborhood Housing Services of Orange County (NHSOC) at 714.490.1250 (www.nhsoc.org). Speak to the loan department about qualifying for a loan to purchase an ICLT home.
- Once you are pre-qualified then ICLT will connect you with someone who can show you the homes in your price range that ICLT has available for sale.
- Once you find a home you like then ICLT will enter into a purchase agreement with you.
- Next you will have an orientation meeting
- Finally, you will attend an 8 hour homebuyer class. They will address the following topics:
- Credit score and what it means
- Choosing the right mortgage product
- The importance of home inspections
- What happens at closing
- Avoiding foreclosure
- Planning for home maintenance
This process is to ensure that you are educated in the home buying process and the terms and conditions of the ICLT loans and homes.